Welcome to Watervale Medical Centre
IMPORTANT CHANGES TO BILLING POLICY
Dear Valued Patients,
It is with regret that we wish to inform you that current Medicare rebates no longer cover the increasing costs associated with providing you with high quality medical care and as a result we have had to review our billing policy, We are introducing MIXED BILLING for consultations for all Doctors at the practice.
Effective from Monday 12th September 2022.
New patients will attract a private fee, unless you hold a Health Care Card, Pension Concession Card, DVA card or are under 16 years of age.
A consumable fee of $10 will be charged for all dressings
Existing patients will continue to be bulk billed until Monday 26th September 2022.
Effective from Monday 26th September 2022.
Only eligible patients will be bulk billed for Medicare Rebateable Services.
These patients include:
Children under 16 years
Vaccinations – Covid, influenza and kids vaccinations
Health care card, pension card, and DVA card holders
Fees will also apply to telehealth appointments and procedures.
Patients who do not fall into these categories will be charged a private fee.
As dedicated healthcare team members of Watervale Medical Centre, we want our patients to know:
- We are open and taking appointments.
- We offer telephone medical consultations as part of our service.
- We can offer telehealth video medical consultations as part of our service. Please refer to Telehealth Information for Patients under FAQs.
- We are still offering face to face consultations for all NON Covid-19 conditions.
- We have safety procedures in place for our patients and staff.
- We are using the highest hygiene standards and managing the waiting room and consultation rooms in accordance with Government Health guidelines
- It is important that your regular health needs are still attended to, including childhood vaccination, and blood test, our pathology providers are continuing their services
- Flu vaccines will commence soon.
Please contact Watervale Medical Centre on Ph: (03) 9307 9161 and speak to one of our staff.
This clinic provides wheelchair access and up to date computer prescribing.
We hope to provide the highest level of care and continuity of care to our patients. Please let the reception staff know if you have any problems or suggestions in which we can which we can better our services.
We are located in the Watervale shopping centre in Taylor’s Hill, servicing the Delahey, Burnside Heights and Caroline Springs area.